Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Phone Call

So last night I got another phone call from my doctor and I actually got to talk to her!

She explained a little bit more about my bump. She said it is ONLY on my skull (not in my brain!! Yay!) It's about 1"x1"x1.5". She also told me that I definitely needed to have surgery to get the tumor removed. If I don't have the surgery the tumor will continue to grow and eventually push against my brain and cause even more trouble. The surgery is considered major surgery since I am going to be under anesthesia. Plus it's scary because it's my head.

I have an appointment with a neurologist on Wednesday because he/she has way more knowledge of tumors and surgery and such. We'll be going over my CT scans and what the next steps will be. Hopefully we'll also be able to figure out when my surgery will be so I can plan and of course so I can let you all know what's going on too.

I'll update more as soon as I get any information.

1 comment:

  1. We love you Amy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. We're thinking positive too. All will be well.

    ReplyDelete