Thursday, November 5, 2009

Post Secondary Surgery Update

Hey, It's Amy!

So I just wanted to update everyone real quick. So they (the doctors and such) say I have some kind of staph infection, still trying to narrow down exactly what type. I'm probably getting discharged tomorrow (Thursday) but I will need to continue taking IV antibiotics for about two weeks. Which means I'm going to have a "catheter" (sp?) in my shoulder that I will be able to get IV antibiotics at home. (They will teach Erin and I how to give them before we leave the hospital.) That way I can get the best medicine at home for the amount of time that I need!!!

I'm walking pretty much on my own but I do need someone with me still just because after awhile I get a bit light-headed and I would hate to fall or something crazy like that. I've been feeling pretty good and really lively today. I have a lot more energy than the last few days and I've been up and walking around (at least 4 times a day as prescribed by my nurse).

Thank You for all the continued support. I could not do all of this without all of your love, support, prayers, juju, etc!

Love and hugs!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment