Saturday, July 24, 2010

5 days since surgery

I'm on the path of recovering!

All of the normal indicators are pointing in the right direction right this time! My temperature has been normal. If it were higher than normal that would indicate an infection. My pain is minimal while nothing is touching my head. As of today, I'm taking Tylenol instead of the narcotics already and only to get to sleep. My blood pressure is normal which if too high or too low would indicate problems. There is no fluid coming from my incision.

All of these things are such good indicators that this surgery is much better than last time. The only set back has been nausea after anytime I eat. It's starting to get better today but I hadn't eaten real food for about 3 days, since I left the hospital. Today, however, I had brunch and a grandma cooked dinner and I didn't feel too bad afterward either meal.

All in all I can deal with the nausea for a little while if it means my head is healing up nicely. I'll let you know if anything crazy happens! Thanks you all again for the thoughts and prayers and whatnot! It really means a lot to me!

Much Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment